Saturday, February 18, 2012

YTCCO Recital! / We all feel the same.

 Hey readers!

Yesterday, for the first time in my life, I went for a Chinese Orchestra recital, mostly because of wanting to support my friends and also partly because I was interested to see what chinese music sounded like live. To say the least, it was actually good!

Personally, Chinese music isn't very pleasing to my ear especially when I have been brought up in such an 'English' environment and have been listening to classical music since I was a baby. However, the pieces that were played were pleasant and soothing, especially the last encore piece that was apparently composed by one of the players (i think). It was beautiful. The solos were quite entertaining to watch, especially their facial expressions, as I knew exactly what the soloists were thinking. I wanted to go up to them, slap them on the back and say: Chill dude, we are gonna think you are great no matter what comes out of your instrument! Not to say that they were bad, they were awesome.

So, met up with Ning and Yin Hao at 6 to eat dinner and we headed off to Yew Tee CC. Ning and I just followed YH because we had no idea where the CC was hahaha. We saw the CO practising in the room, and after they finished, the first thing that happened was ShinYing waving frantically at Ning and I, and we waved back with equal enthusiasm. Bun almost skipped out to meet us. His actions just brings a smile to one's face, I mean how could you not be glad when someone's so eager to meet you?? Zhi Kai was so unfriendly, he just ignored us when he turned to our direction, but then I later found out that he couldnt recognise us. It was only until i waved very hard that he acknowledged the group.

When I introduced Zhi Kai and Ning to each other, I mentioned that they were in the same primary school. Prior to this, they completely ignored each other, so apparently, they dont know the opposite party. And so, the conversation went like this:-

Theo - this is Zhi Kai, this is Yue Ning. You two were in the same primary school, but i have no idea why you two dont know each other.

 ZK (to yuening) - You look very familiar...

Ning - Ya you look very familiar... but cant possibly in the same class.

ZK - yeah coz i dun remember you.... what class were you in?

Ning - 6H.

ZK - Huh?! 6H? then how come... (epic shocked face)

Theo (to ZK) - You were in 6H?

ZK - Ya, but...

Ning - *blink blink*

Theo - OMG WHERE HAVE BOTH OF YOU BEEN

 One does not simply have no clue that your classmate even existed.



Hahaha.


Anyway, here are the rest of the pictures.

Bun! :3


Zhi Kai! xD

AC BOLEHHH!!!

The sweet gals of Kranji wekekeke :)

And an enjoyable bus ride with Yue Ning <3

I have to thank Yin Hao for being such a gentleman, he walked Ning and I back to the MRT even though he didnt have to, and for also being so patient when I was being a pain in the ass for wanting to go back to the CC to use the washroom. Thanks!! :D

During the bus ride, Ning introduced a really fun game called "tap the frog" on her newly attained iTouch, and boy was it addictive. With the burning competitive spirit inside of me, I made sure I got a higher number of stars than ning for every minigame there was to play. I mostly succeeded except for those that I really failed at. Some of the frogs were so unresponsive. -.- (YN u know what im talking about xD) I played all the way from 9 to 10.40 hahaha.

It had been a really enjoyable day <3





This next part is inspired by the latest update by our lovely Bun. But i dont know where to start.....

"I was just like you simply because i loved by OG so so much i refuse to let them leave my left. On 2nd thoughts, Og will still be there, Your Ogmates might ended up in initiating to leave for their class as well. Still you all can meet up as one OG but then once y'all experience something different in school life, the only thing in common between OG Mates is memories of Orientation." - Senior.


It is already known how much I love my OG mates. They are kind, un-judging, friendly, sweet, open, caring, fun and absolutely crazy. Of course we would feel sad when separated into our different classes! I tried not to get to attached to my OG, but alas, it was not meant to be. It feels as if they are the ONLY family that I know in AC. 


But it is time to wake up to reality. All our timetables are so different, all of us take japlang courses and we are all thrown in opposite directions. What made us think that we could be together forever? Some of us have already accepted the fact that our classmates are the people that we will spend more time with than the OG, and hence the constant meetings and other stuff, and that is what all of us should do. Just perhaps, maybe, we would not even have the energy to contact one another coz we are just too sick and tired of the amount of work and pressure we have to deal with.  


Even after saying all of this, I still hope that all of us will never forget each other, and meet up during the holidays when we are free, or go support each other whenever one has a recital, or competition or concert. One thing that's for sure, you all are the most precious people in ACJC that I ever met, and I will never want to let that go.


Bringing to you another song by Adam:


Better than I Know Myself - Adam Lambert
You're the only one that knows me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment