Thursday, December 6, 2012

Top 10 Favourite Blogshops!

Hi guys I just couldnt WAIT to get this post out to you all. Please scroll down to see my earlier post (Germany Trip part 1) if you havent! :)

I have been doing a ton of shopping this holiday, and I have been frequenting many of my favourite blogshops for inspirations and also to see what's available. I think this will be a really useful post for many girls so do read it :)

Disclaimer: I'm not getting paid for this in any way. This is just promoting what I personally love! :)
                    All credits for pictures go to the respective blogshops and owners.



1. Ebay 

 No, I am not screwing with you. Ebay is probably the best blogshop ever to find pratically anything you want.

You can get accessories at about 99 US cents that cost about $5 or more in retail stores. (take note that not everything on eBay is cheap. The nicer designs are usually more expensive.)

Also, the variety of bags, clothes and shoes is so huge, you can always find something really unique on the site. That is, if you are hardworking enough to browse through the many pages you are given.

I get all my iPhone covers on this website too!


Just a couple of examples on what you can get at this website:


I wanted this piece SO badly. Unfortunately, I couldnt come up with any valid excuses for my mum to buy it for me.

Rolling stones iPhone cover!


In any case, you just type whatever you want to find in the search box and it will surely come to you. Saves you the trouble of finding it elsewhere.



2. hauteurbanstyle.com

Most of you might already know that www.hauteurbanstyle.com is my all-time favourite shoe shop. It sells shoes that are the trendiest and most up-to-date at extremely reasonable prices. 

Expect designer knock-offs that look a lot like the real thing as well as other stylish options.

Price range is around $30-$60. This compared to other retail stores and blogshops like ROMWE is very, very cheap.

Did I mention that I got my prom shoes here too?

 Classic.
 How cute are these cat wedges?

If you havent checked out their site, I suggest you do it right now :)



3.ROMWE

I think ROMWE has established itself to be a really successful street blogshop. IMO, the stuff are quite pricey, but you can find many unique pieces in here.

This blogshop has one of the widest ranges of apparel and caters to every kind of style (glamorous, elegant, cutesy, girly, grunge etc.) I don't recommend the shoes and bags though, they are way overpriced. 
ROMWE also conducts frequent giveaways, and I was lucky enough to receive a pair of galaxy leggings from one of them. Go like their Facebook page and sign up as a member to join!

 The pair that I got for free.

My first purchase. I just HAD to have it lol.

Amazing dress for the hipsters! Wanted to post another galaxy dress here but I guess two is enough :)



4. The Editor's Market
The Editor's Market is one of the only Singapore-based blogshops that sells interesting clothes. This is also the reason why it managed to turn into an international label.

If you wanna shop here I suggest you drag some of your friends along as the price for each piece decreases the more you buy. Check out their website for more details.

Their retail store is located at Cineleisure and everything is at the same price as the online one. I think its cheaper to shop there coz there is no mailing fee, unless you count your bus/MRT fare.

The sequinned top, beanie and the skirt are new arrivals. 
Also, who could miss those dope shades?

Their popular cat jumper. There is a giveaway for this but IDK whether it is still going on.



5. RECXNSTRUCT
This is my favourite blogshop by far. Recxnstruct started out as an instagram shop which eventually branched out to become an actual blogshop. I was lucky enough to get followed by the owner and hence got to know about it. Thank goodness :)
Everything that they offer caters to the rockers/indies/grunge fashion people. Even if I am kinda over that kind of fashion, I am in love with all of the pieces. ALL. 

What's even better is everything is DIRT CHEAP. Not overpriced at all. Some items that can also be found on ROMWE cost way lesser.
Their instagram page offers more products than the online shop, so follow them @recxnstruct .
 How cute is this Bart Simpsons pullover?! Jeremy Scott inspired.


This silver pleated skirt has been on my wish list since forever.

Proenza Schouler inspired satchel. Another item on my wish list.



6. Missguided
 Missguided is probably the best party dress shop I have seen so far. Each dress is dripping with either sequins or studs or other embellishments and detail, which is the most important aspect of evening wear. 

All of the dresses look great, but in order to find those gems, you really have to browse through every page.

Just a few of my favourites (they are from the older collections):

Ugh, I LOVE this.

Amazing detail!

So simple yet so chic.

I'm obsessed with this. oh God.
7. Xenia

Another one of my favourite dress shops. This shop caters to  more smart casual dressers and needless to say, the dresses are amazing. Some of the dresses are even more beautiful than the ones found at Missguided!

 When I saw this dress I was just like

 Lavender and laser-cut lace, what more could a girl ask for?

Sexiest neckline I have ever seen. and the back is completely bare except for a string.

Symmetrical paisley print <3

The prints of each dress is beautiful and special, which is a key factor of this shop's success. Oh and I knew about this blogshop through instagram too. Sigh, the power of instagram <3



8. Modcloth
For all the vintage lovers out there, this is the place for you. Modcloth was set up by a husband and wife (I think) who had a passion for all things vintage, and it eventually expanded to become an empire, working with famous names like Betsey Johnson and Tracy Reese (or at least, they import the dresses from these designers).
The dresses at this site are rather pricey, and not all the dresses are pretty. However, when you spot a gem of a dress, it really is a diamond and not some semi-precious stone. In fact, I bought both prom dresses (one for my secondary school prom and one for my JC prom) here. 
What I like about these pieces is that they stand the test of time. Wear it anywhere at any time and any season, it will still be in style. 
I shall use myself as the model for one of the pieces they used to sell:
  Sorry for the extra large picture but you can't see the details unless it is this big.
This is the Poetic Penumbra dress, and I absolutely ADORE it. 
Your prom dress is one of those pieces that you will never forget, so why not make it good?

I'm not gonna show my other dress coz I'm selfish. >:) 
Instead, I'm gonna show you my other favourites from Modcloth that are equally cute.

Looking like A Million Bucks dress in Blush
The lace is to die for, seriously.

Another gorgeous piece.

BTW, just because I post up really pink and girly dresses doesnt mean that they dont have vampy dresses. 
They do. 
Look for it.



9. Nasty Gal

When we talk about blogshops, how could we not include Nastygal? From just another eBay seller to a multi-million dollar empire, CEO Sophie Amoruso brought Nastygal from nothing to everything in only a few years.

I swear, Sophie should be every blogshop owner's guru. She is mine, at least.

This blogshop mixes the vintage with modern, but is more well-known for the good-girl-gone-bad kind of clothing. The clothes are bad ass, the accessories are quirky, and the shoes are simply stunning.

The only downside about this website is that the prices are So. Freaking. High.

One dress can go up to USD320 (most expensive dress i have seen on the site). I saw the exact same dress on a wholesale website and it cost less than 10 dollars. I felt really, really cheated after that. 

That aside, there is no denying the power of Nasty Gal.

If it weren't for the price, it would have been my prom dress, or just mine.

This is not the only dope shoe they have there!

No words needed.

Rich bitches, this is the site for you! :D



10. EATINGZOMBIE

Very similar to Recxnstruct in terms of the kind of style. 
Eating Zombie is a pretty cool blogshop, but occasionally falls into the trap of buying typical Singaporean blogshop clothing, which is dangerous. As long as they can refrain from doing that, this shop is going to be even more popular than it is now in the near future.
 I typically HATE jumpsuits/playsuits/overalls that are pants.
For me to say that I like one is a VERY special case.
This playsuit is amazing.



other notable blogshops:

- Black Milk clothing. A favourite with fashion bloggers like Luanna P. and Grav3yardgirl (Bunny).
- The Scarlet Room.
- Chicwish
- Native Runaway


So guys, check out these blogshops! You can have so fun just by window shopping, like me! :D 
Do come back to see part 2 of the Germany trip! ^.^

1 comment: