Saturday, December 22, 2012

Current Music Taste.

Hi people, so sorry for not postng up the second part of the Germany trip, I was kinda lazy :X I will try to do it by the end of this week, so just enjoy this filler post in the meanwhile ok? :)



So I was just stalking the piano music circle of my piano teacher and just so happened to find the website of my accompanist for my DSA auditions for Strings last year.

During our short meeting (3 days to be exact), I liked him quite a lot, which is kinda weird since I rarely like a person in just three days. His playing makes him really cool and when I talked to him just before the auditions and was freaking the hell out, he kept on reassuring me that I will do fine. So sweet :) OH OH I REMEMBER ANOTHER ONE he can speak and read Russian fluently! :DD

Anyway, here's a video of him playing a Chopin Ballade....


Enjoy~


ANYWAY, on to the real post, basically the kind of music that I listen to now.

I'm really into rock music nowadays, especially 80s rock bands. Pop/punk rock and metal are also in my playlist. This is due to the influence of my badass peers, ie. Stanley and Nicole, as well as vloggers like clothesencounters (if you havent checked her out, do so, she is uh-may-zing).

The one thing that I really love about rock is that it is so unrestrained. The band members just do whatever the heck they want, and this is reflected in their music. Pretty liberating for me after years of classical music training.


I'm also starting to get interested in psychedelic kinda music, but havent quite gotten there yet.

Of course, pop music will forever be there, especially with my Adam baby coming out with amazing songs as well :D



Just making a playlist of songs that I personally REALLY love, hope you enjoy it (and not get too freaked by the wildness) (not in any particular order):


1. Bon Jovi - Always


This is THE love song. It's all about missed chances, pledging eternal love and all that sap, complete with Bon Jovi's sexayye voice ;)


2. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody


This is basically the whole band's genius and talent all lumped together in a single song.
Not a very stereotypical 80s rock band, but they turned out to be a legend.
if you dont at least know this song, We Are The Champions and We Will Rock You by Queen, 
SHAME ON YOU!


3. Marilyn Manson - Tainted Love



This is the only song that can make me feel sexy. IDK why. 
Manson looks freaky but he is a really decent guy, so dont judge!!
(the video cover looks wrong, i have to admit, but dont let it hinder you)


4. Alter Bridge - Isolation


The guitar intro says everything. One of my favourite bands and songs!


5. Sleeping With Sirens - Do It Now, Remember It Later


Practically my soundtrack of the year. I keep replaying this song over and over again just to hear Kellin's VOICE. The lyrics are really empowering as well. 


6. Pierce The Veil - King for A Day


The reason how I even got to know SWS in the first place. This collab between PTV and Kellin was golden.


7. Alice Cooper - School's Out


Probably the least freaky track (and most catchy!) out of all the albums Alice has produced. :/
Whenever its the last day of school I'll play this without fail.
I really liked Vengeance is Mine as well but I think it'll scare people away from my blog LOL


8. Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train



All hail the Prince of Darkness, OZZY! 
No rock/metal playlist can be complete without one of the Godfather of Metal's songs.
I think Randy Rhoads (the guitarist) was on steroids when he wrote this classic.


9. Guns and Roses - November Rain


I realised that many of the songs that I like consists of a rad guitar solo.
And this is played by Slash so I dont need to explain any further hehe


10. Led Zeppelin - Whole Lotta Love 



Loved this song ever since Adam sang it on Idol. 
Zeppelin is most famous for Stairway to Heaven (i think) but this song just clicks with me more.


11. Asking Alexandria - Dear Insanity 


I had been looking for a real screamo song for a really long time when Stanley finally introduced this to me. I was eternally grateful.


12. Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home 


Piano throughout the song made me have hearts in my eyes. 
Is there anything that the band members CANT play??


Okay if I continue on it'll never end. Haha. There are SO many bands to check out! I havent even mentioned bands like U2, Aerosmith, RATT, Van Halen etc., or Simple Minds and All Time Low and Boys Like Girls (our favourite band I know). There are even more rad songs that I havent mentioned from each of the bands that I featured. Sigh.

Hope this post has provided all with a fresh alternative to the Top 40s pop music we always hear on the radio now!

See you on my next post, which is hopefully very soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment