Friday, March 30, 2012

Friends forever. Hmm, Really?

Life in JC has been REALLY hectic, especially today, where i had barely anytime to eat. From class to Brahms room to class to Brahms room to candeck and running like a crazy woman with a gigantic heavy box in my hand before finally settling down with a big plate of nasi briyani. Why are all the classrooms placed so far apart? #bigschoolproblems :P

Anyway, today's post is going to be about friends.


The leap of the number of friends I have in Kranji compared to AC is like comparing the height of my room ceiling to a skyscraper. I wouldnt be so thick skinned as to call myself popular, but I definitely have many friends from many different areas, like my OG mates, classmates, MEP peeps and string ensem members, not to mention those from other classes in my tutorial group. Eternally grateful I am for having them as my friends, because thanks to them my social circle has expanded x10.


Ah, but there is always the famous BUT after every compliment.

 In Kranji, it was common knowledge for many people that I was somewhat infamous, ever since sec 1. After 4 years of going through the same bullshit, I had already become immune to the haters around me and held my head up high against them, but of course not without the confidence that my three darlings were never gonna leave me. Bless them <3

The three gals with the Muttons! :)

It was totally all about "haha, have all the friends you want, I have my own best friends who trust in me, and whats more i have better style than you, so you can fuck off my case if you dont like me" kinda thing. I was blissfully unaware of all the gossips and bitching going on about me or other people, because I plainly didnt care. No politics, just pure friendship and happiness.


On the other hand, I am chummy with everyone in AC. We get high together, laugh together, cry together and basically do everything together. (introducing my AC family, both old and new! :))

1SD4 Gals!


 My closest friends, 1SD4 MEPers!

My strings gals! 


Acting weird 0.0


OG mates!


 HILLARIOUS photo of frankie and yet-peng LOL.

(you see mostly only girls. I havent included the guys, there were no pics :/)

I am fortunate to make friends with somewhat popular people and learnt MANY things from them, where the bitchy stories and gossips were the best. How this guy liked that girl and how that girl is such a bitch yadda yadda yadda.

Now, the roles were reversed. It was no longer me being the topic to be bitched about. Other people come to ME to gossip!

While this is a nice feeling, it is also extremely new. The lesson of be nice to everyone when you dont feel the need to be bad had already developed in me in secondary school, because nobody would want to feel the same way I did in the past. So when some of my friends speak badly about my other friends, I'm in a dilemma at how to respond.

Friends: "She's so annoying....."
             "ARGH he's so weird and irritating!"
             "I really hate her she's so damn stuck up"

Me: "Er... hurhurhur..... but she/he's not THATTTT bad......." (inside: Jackie Chan meme)

It also led me to think: If they are like that in front of me, then what the fuck are they saying behind MY back? What if I am being criticised in the same way? The worse thing is I get influenced by the gossiping and somehow find myself disliking the person who just got condemned, although I know it's wrong. That's how gossiping works? Then I better work hard to make people like me.

Somehow, even though I got more friends in AC, I sometimes miss the times I had in Kranji where I could be myself and have absolutely nothing to worry about, because in AC, I havent yet found those few ABSOLUTELY trustworthy friends like my sisters. I mean, I could consider one of my guy friends as one of my best friends, but it will be weird if I keep on sticking to him (note: clingy)......

This brings me to the point where I have realised how lucky I am to have met my three sisters. (Thank you God) I can confidently say that we four are going to be friends all the way till we are old and feeble. They are the kind of friends whom I trust, and the main reason why is not because we get high so often together, but is that we fight with each other quite a lot.

Yes, you read that right. Well, all friends fight, but the difference between my clique and so many other cliques out there, is that when we fight, we make up straight away. We understand that it is another one of those petty fights not worth sacrificing our friendship for, and that time heals everything, and after the fight, we grow even closer together.

It is sad to see so many cliques fall apart just because 'this person doesnt like that person' blah blah blah. What I find rather amusing is that they divide into sub-cliques, almost as if they are taking sides. At first, I didnt understand it. Why cant you all forgive and forget? Then I experienced it for myself, and once again God has showed me his amazing grace by blessing me with great friends. 


If you have someone or some people like my three sisters in your life, NEVER let them go. You will regret. Deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment