Monday, January 9, 2012

New beginnings for 2012.

Omg, it's 2012!

Without me even realising it, 16 years of my life has gone by in a flash. Secondary school life is already over? Unbelieveable. x.x

I still can remember the time I first stepped into a school. Sherwood Kindergarten that is. I think I screamed and cried like every other annoying kid, but i was also pretty vigilant in trying to fight my way out through the door. Giving up wasn't an option until the teacher locked it and I had no way of getting out. (Oh, the days when my only worries were escaping class haha)

Primary school life was difficult, with the most significant memory of  being called 'lame-o' by this american classmate i had. That bitch. Try calling me lame now with direct eye contact.  I was also exremely lazy when i was primary 6, which explains the terrible score of 236 when the rest of my classmates are getting into elite schools with scores of 250+. How humiliating.

So, I landed up in Kranji Secondary School. It has been the craziest rollercoaster journey i have ever had. I think God put me in the school for a reason, because I have learned a ton of skills and life lessons studying there. Thank you KSS for making me into the person I am now :) Oh yeah, and I also have four (not only you three) very special friends that I will keep for years and years to come. <3 

Then just yesterday, I was sitting in the hall, desperately and anxiously waiting for my O level results to come out. Tan Hwee Pin did not ease any of the students' anxiety by talking nonsense and reciting weird poems, but I'm sure she meant well. (-.-) All the top scorers were called up on stage *a big congratulations to them! :)* before the others could get their own results back. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach when I went up to take my results from the teachers. I took the slip slowly from them and............. As and Bs and my L1R5 is............. OMGOMGOMG AHHHH!!!!! And you know, the jumping and screaming and hugging Yee Hwa kind of thing? Yeah. Most of us were extremely happy, so it was a day of celebration for us.

Talking about 2012, it is supposedly the "Doomsday" for the whole world. Some people believe it, some just dont give a damn. As for me, I'm cool with anything that happens. What is most important is that I treasure the time that I have left with everyone that I love. And I also think that making resolutions is not too crazy as well, so, my resolutions for 2012 are:

1. Hand in my homework on time.
2. Go to church more often.
3. Practise piano everyday for at least 30 minutes.
4. Save at least 20 bucks a month.
5. Not indulge in my guilty pleasures of fashion when it is not the holidays.
6. Make new friends. Good friends.
7. Buy 'For Your Entertainment" by Adam Lambert (it's freaking sold out everywhere, i can't find it!) 
8. Buy the album 'Trespassing' by Adam Lambert. (I should stop my current fetish with Adam. It is really not healthy, plus it is distracting. (but his voice is like therapy! :( ).)
Yepp. That's about it. For now.

I have already thought about what subjects i want to take in JC, and i have been stuck between English elective and Music elective for about 6 months. I have always wanted to pursue Music but ever since i got shot down by dear Lynette Lim, I have given up my dream of becoming a music teacher. BLEHH. BUT, just when I changed my mind to English Linguistics, the O level result slip says that my Music is an A1 while my English is an A2 (which means that my chances of doing Linguistics is cut by 50%. probably more.).
HOW? Brown cow.  That's what my dad will say. Sheesh.

OH YEAH! I was wondering if I should have a little nasty section at every end of my post, because some people really get on my nerves sometimes. Not because of petty little insults like they hate me because I'm fat (coz I am fat, i recognise that) or that I'm retarded, but because they really ARE asses, especially toward my friends. I mean seriously, the talk-behind-back-while-acting-all-nice-and-innocent-in-front-of-her thing is not cool.


See? Adam agrees with me. 
(omg sorry for misusing this Adam and Glamberts >.<) 


Anyway, my old blog has been taken down because I havent been updating it for so so long. New year, new beginnings and new blog, right? :)

*I hope to post up a Shoe Wardrobe post soon. Elaborate more on why cheap shoes are not ideal in our wardrobes. It all starts with our school shoes.

Song of the day: Time for Miracles - Adam Lambert.

3 comments:

  1. ~Hey hey Hui Shi here!!! Actually I have blog too but no one reads it hahaha
    vocalisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha heyy! i will go read it hehe. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to link you, as you know its a new blog and all, so you're going to be linked first :D

    ReplyDelete