Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I wanna see you Strut!

Okay, the shoe post came earlier than expected. It just so happened that my mum had her camera with her so I grabbed the opportunity to take as many shoe pics as possible. wekeke.....

As I was saying on facebook (the budget barbie video can be found on my page), we should never buy shoes that cost $30 and below (or flats/sandals that cost $15 and below). Why? I don't mean to be all so high-maintenance and whatever, but cheap shoes come apart REALLY easily, and most of them look not too good.

For example, our school shoes! Most of the school population buy their shoes from BATA, which everyone knows stands for Buy And Throw Away. They cost around 20 plus bucks for each pair. Right after 3-5 months, the shoes are as good as goners, and we would have to spend more money buying a new pair of shoes. This cycle may repeat throughout your whole school-uniform life, if you don't buy the right kind of shoes.

On the other hand, if we buy shoes from brands like Converse, that cost like $50 for a pair of plain white old shoes (like in the picture shown below), if well taken care of (like not destroyed by playing too much soccer LOL), they can last for at least a year to about two years. maybe even your whole secondary school life, but they will become really dirty.  Doing the math, I think everyone will save a lot of money if we just buy one pair of shoes for 1.5 years than 3 pairs.


The shittiest looking pair of Converse, I know. I haven't washed it for months. 


The most important part of buying more expensive shoes are that the soles dont fall apart. You will be so grateful that water doesn't seep in through the holes of the soles when it is raining. (It's really gross.)


I'm going to share my shoe collection today, and maybe share personal opinions on why they are the "ideal footwear collection". :P 

Tada! My beautiful shoes! Hehe. 

So this is my shoe collection, consisting of sandals flats and mostly heels. Now that i think about it, maybe its not exactly an ideal collection, because all my shoes except my converse kill my feet in one way or another. I'm also missing many brown shoes, and some pointy toe heels like Dita Von Teese. *hint shopping time* But, these shoes are for practically every occasion, like grab and go. This does not apply to the working class. You guys have to buy some black 3-inch pumps for work.

ANYWAY.


My black booties from Korea. They always appear in Japanese magazines without failure for two years straight, and they are still very popular among the trendsetters. It is so easy to match. Just throw on some jeans and a loose top or something and you will still look awesome. ^.^ More importantly, they look good.



Wedges. The difference between expensive ones and cheap ones are that they kill your feet WAY less. I ever bought espadrilles from Cotton On that looked really awesome and cost very cheap, but the cutting of the shoe leaves your soles aching in less than an hour. And the pain is intense, like someone's stretching the muscle/bone thingy in your foot. I got those wedges above from New Look, twice the cost, but half the pain. They also don't spoil as easily. (btw, my cotton on wedges were passed down to Yee Hwa.)



Next, moving on to flats. (or almost flats.) For shopping with the girls?




 These shoes really remind me of Tinkerbell of Peter Pan. They are so dainty, filled with glitter and topped with cute bows, what more could a girl ask for? They feel good to walk on, merciful on your feet and they actually look good. (btw, they were on sale for 25 bucks MUAHAHA. The normal price was about 37.)

*Tip for choosing nice flats (based on personal experience): The embellishments should not overwhelm your whole foot till it looks like you are carrying boulders on your toes. simple plain black flats are the best for your wardrobe basics. Oh, and canvas flats are kind of overrated. Why do people think they look good?





 My newest addition to my shoe collection. Really, instead of buying slippers or flip-flops that look the same whether they cost 5 dollars or 60 dollars, why not buy a nice pair of sandals? Throw them on when you want to go to the beach, or when your heels are killing you. I love the corsarges.


And moving on to the 4-5 inches heels! My favourites for formal occasions.Wedding dinner, date with boyfriend or whatever, these are the best.



Burgundy heels as seen on Yue Ning! Probably the highest shoes I own. Honestly, I inherited it from Yue Ning since she was never going to wear it again. I think every girl should have a pair of sky-high heels in their wardrobe, and by sky-high i don't mean 4 inches. The colour is so gorgeous too.





And, the pair of shoes that have served me so well during prom. I didn't tie it well then so it could have looked much better than it did. They look high but in reality because of the platform i feel like i'm walking on 2 inch heels. I know I know, those red soles are a total copy of Louboutin, but it looks nice and every shop is doing it anyway. (i'm such a hypocrite, saying that i would never buy fake stuff but here i am buying something that is almost imitation.-.-) 


Finally, we have.......... the knee-high boot!


Need i say more? Those bears sticking out are helping the boots to stand. I read in a book that Audrey Hepburn herself said that knee-high boots are essential. Never knew that huh? :) I walked for one week straight in these through the streets of Apgujeong, Myeongdong and Dongdaemun. Very comfortable, and made of leather, so it will last for about 10 more years. All knee-high boots are visually pleasing, but it is better to invest in some better quality ones, since it will forever stay in your wardrobe anyway.

So that's it for my shoe collection. For recommendation of shoe books, here is one that i think is really useful: 


Change your Shoes, Change your Life.
After all, they are the ones that take you to so many different places.
Also, read the original story of Cinderella by the Grimm Brothers! It talks about how Cinderella actually creates her own opportunities to get those shoes, from the wooden shoes she was made to wear. Truly inspiring. 

Oh yeah, my fave blogshop for shoes is www.hauteurbanstyle.com :) 
OK! I'm done here. I hope you guys will buy nice shoes. Hehehe. Leaving you with another song by Adam.

Song of the day: Strut - Adam Lambert.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha I always buy shoes at least maximum $10 but they usually lasts me more than one year :D

    ReplyDelete